Powerhead for 2.5 gal pico

dinkyend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I recently set up a UNS 5s (2.5 gal) and I’m looking for recommendations for a powerhead.

71436929273__550DF713-7A4F-44B3-AC8D-D4C3F2E08CFC.jpeg

Currently, the only flow is from the finnex p-7 HOB (52gph), and the right side of the tank is totally dead. This was the only HOB I could find that would fit the 4.7” tall tank. The hygger mini looks like the perfect form factor (I’m hoping to find something that won’t eat up too much precious real estate), but I’m concerned even at it’s lowest setting it might be too strong for such a small tank.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

roboshark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I recently set up a UNS 5s (2.5 gal) and I’m looking for recommendations for a powerhead.

71436929273__550DF713-7A4F-44B3-AC8D-D4C3F2E08CFC.jpeg

Currently, the only flow is from the finnex p-7 HOB (52gph), and the right side of the tank is totally dead. This was the only HOB I could find that would fit the 4.7” tall tank. The hygger mini looks like the perfect form factor (I’m hoping to find something that won’t eat up too much precious real estate), but I’m concerned even at it’s lowest setting it might be too strong for such a small tank.

Any recommendations are appreciated.
I just got a Jebao sw2 with Smart Controller from Aliexpress (Also sold on Amazon for more). On the LOWEST SETTING on h mode (quickly cycles on and off), it is doing ok in my 2.5 gallon Aqueon. Anything stronger and it wouldn’t be good longterm. This is the smallest affordable wave maker I found, the hygger mini costing double. Just got it today so I can’t speak on longevity, but it seems to be doing its job.

Back