powerhead ? on 93G cube

buckeyereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
curious if anyone has used a MP60 on this size cube ? obviously it would be turned down quite a bit. just
wondering if flow would be wide enough to run just one of these instead of 2 others. I am setting one of
these cubes up an planning on going BB with 2 MP40's now. with price of the 60's used now I could sell 40's an
buy one if flow would be wide enough.
 
Hey BR, how ya doing , I have 2 of those Jabeo WP 25s and they are to much flow, I think you would be better off going with the 2 MP40s, to help the flow disperse. I tried putting both of mine on one side and since the tank was so narrow everything on the wall where the flow hit was getting beat up by flow. So I put one on each side and it helped ALOT.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new