Powerhead Placement in Marine X 60.2

csd99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am hoping to gain some insight on how I should arrange my powerheads in my waterbox 60.2. Currently I have a single MP10 on the back left wall running at 60% reefcrest mode. I just picked up a second MP10 as well as several corals from the TSA sale, including a hammer. With my several sps and euphyllia frags in mind, how do you all think I should arrange the dual MP10s and to what settings? I don't want to end up blasting the wrong corals. Top 2 options in my mind are one on each side of the back wall or directly across from each other on the left and right panes. As for settings, I was thinking reefcrest, gyre, or some combination.

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg

OP
OP
csd99

csd99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try both on the back panel? I might dial them down a bit as it looks like the one is blowing the sand out in the left corner.
I was leaning towards this placement for aesthetic reasons but do have some concern that the flow would not be high enough in the middle where I put the montis and stylo. Currently the flow is great for them and the torch seems to be liking it but I am definitely lacking a bit of randomness. Thinking I will switch off reef crest mode as well, seems it stays at the low end too long causing the torch to be sitting nearly stationary.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was leaning towards this placement for aesthetic reasons but do have some concern that the flow would not be high enough in the middle where I put the montis and stylo. Currently the flow is great for them and the torch seems to be liking it but I am definitely lacking a bit of randomness. Thinking I will switch off reef crest mode as well, seems it stays at the low end too long causing the torch to be sitting nearly stationary.
You could always place them at the same height along the back wall and run one forward and one reverse?

OP
OP
csd99

csd99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always place them at the same height along the back wall and run one forward and one reverse?
I'll try something like that first. Thanks for the response

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back