Powerhead positioning?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheDon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TheDon

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2024
Messages
78
Reaction score
29
Location
Devon UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Any suggestions on where to fit my powerheads? Tank is an Aqua one MiniReef 90, I have positioned one top right but where to put other one.
Do I position the other one bottom left? Need it somewhere so I can hide cables if possible.

IMG_1721.jpeg IMG_1722.jpeg
 
You ultimately want flow running in a circle around your aquascape as well as creating some turbulence on your scape itself. Myself, I'll be getting 3x Gyres to create this effect in my upcoming build.
 
Oh, BTW, you may want to rethink the eggcrate underneath your rockwork. We JUST had a thread on this a few weeks ago. And the general consensus was that it should be avoided.
 
Oh, BTW, you may want to rethink the eggcrate underneath your rockwork. We JUST had a thread on this a few weeks ago. And the general consensus was that it should be avoided.

Link? I thought it was okay and general preference.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new