Powerhead suggestions that wont break the bank

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had two Nero 5s for just under a year and I'm over them. Constant issues with both of them shutting down with multiple errors. Any suggestions for a solid replacement?

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a 75 like me. One used mp40 would be great for most situations. I have mine on 40-50% power and it will make waves across the whole tank and have corals flowing in the other side if I want.

It’s a great pump and I’ve had mine 10 years. And I bought it used.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao. I have some Jebao MLWs (Nero clone) that have been running perfectly for a few years now. No issues, quiet and cheap.
Fyi...I so regret buying a $315+tax Red Sea Reef Wave 25. I finally got it dialed in, but I still almost want to sell it and get rid of it. My 2 favorite LFS run Jebao on everything....they are half the price, will blow your tank away, even on a quarter of the power , and they are made in the same factory as the more expensive name brand crap!

100000000% on anything from Jebao!

NorCalReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fyi...I so regret buying a $315+tax Red Sea Reef Wave 25. I finally got it dialed in, but I still almost want to sell it and get rid of it. My 2 favorite LFS run Jebao on everything....they are half the price, will blow your tank away, even on a quarter of the power , and they are made in the same factory as the more expensive name brand crap!

100000000% on anything from Jebao!
I had two of the ReefWave 45s before moving to my MP60s. Absolute worst experience ever. Both constantly got clogged up and I had to replace the washers all the time.

Before that, I would buy the cheap Hydor ones from my LFS. Worked fine for years until I noticed one had a bad wire and was giving the tank a small jolt.

Cheap, I’d go Jaebo or Hydor. But I have noticed how much better my flow has been with the MP60s.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every jebao for me has lasted 1-2 years. I’ve bought 5 different models

My mp10 is 8 or 9 years old and my mp40 is 10+ And. I bought them both used. I Clean them once every 2 years

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two of the ReefWave 45s before moving to my MP60s. Absolute worst experience ever. Both constantly got clogged up and I had to replace the washers all the time.

Before that, I would buy the cheap Hydor ones from my LFS. Worked fine for years until I noticed one had a bad wire and was giving the tank a small jolt.

Cheap, I’d go Jaebo or Hydor. But I have noticed how much better my flow has been with the MP60s.
My 2 Aqua ZKSJ slimpros from Amazon were the **** bam bizzle...tons of flow, app controlled etc...I'm still running 1 of them along with the Red Sea Reef Wave 25, ...I made the mistake of listening to the wife...lol...I spent so much money, when she complains or says I need to do X, I have to listen, even for a minute, just to prove her wrong :cool: :loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face:.

It is what it is. Should have never FAFO'D $350 With shipping I'll never get back.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 73 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.6%
Back