pregnant erectus horse

mere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi this may be a strange question. I am new to seahorse and this will be the first brood. last saterday I spent two hours infont of the tank watching a pair of ponies breed (crazy I know) I saw the egg transfer so I know he is pregnant but a week in (today) his pouch does not look to much bigger than when he concived. Just wondering on how fast his pouch is suppose to change. i know alot has to do with how many eggs he has, but i worry and stress that everything is ok as if it were my one children having babies. And his eatting is all over sometimes it good others just a bite. I feed three times a day (mysis) and try to target feed when I am around. My water temp is 71/72 so I am guesing he will delivery in a toatal of three weeks or so.

OP
OP
M

mere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My erectus were always 17 days gestation.
My reidi varied from batch to batch but usually 15 to 18 days.
OK thank you I will start getting up at dawn around then to hopefully see the birth. These little guys are so wonderful.

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to raise the fry? If so, have you already got your fry set-up ready to go?
If you don't want to raise the fry, I'm sure that you could post them as available for someone in your area to pick up and raise.

OP
OP
M

mere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to raise the fry? If so, have you already got your fry set-up ready to go?
If you don't want to raise the fry, I'm sure that you could post them as available for someone in your area to pick up and raise.
Hi I do plan on trying to raise them I am so excited and so scarred I know as a beganer the odds are aganst me. However I really really want the chance. I love these little guys that my whole life now revolves around them. I was going to set up a 2g kiresel in the sump to keep the water cooler as our house is hotter this summer. And a4g kerisel with prime and phopto plancton out side the sump with a fan (it wont fit in it) a 4g plastic rectangel tank in the main tank with magnafloats to hold it water leavel a small new gerbel ball wraped in moqseto net in the main tank but down in the water colum to allow water to flow through I am also taking some to work in a 1.5 hexagon as feed 5 times a day is hard working full time my boss said i couls come early and stay lat to do water changes and it only takes a few min to put food in a few times a day two tank is going to have a small internal filter and the kerisel the air line every thing is ready and waiting the filters and a sponge filter if i can get some past the firt few weeks is in the sump collecting good bacteria If you have any suggestions I am very open and would read everything. I really dont want to hurt the babies or their parents. I lose alot of sleep worring about them they are so enchanting thank you so much for responding

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back