Preparing for babies?

ReefNewbie12

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2021
Messages
74
Reaction score
25
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that there’s a fairly high chance they may soon or eventually swallow them because this is (probably) their first brood, but my banggai cardinalfish pair has spawned, and I would like to know how to prepare for babies in the case that the male does carry the brood to term. I know I will at least need a separate tank and a brine/copepod hatchery (reccomendations on this end are welcome though) but what else?
 
Bump since I do kinda need an answer to this so I can be ready in case the father does come through, plus they will likely breed again in the future if they have done so now so having an answer to it would be nice so I could have the equipment on-hand so to speak.
 
Hey everybody, unfortunately the male ended up swallowing the brood today, this was expected though since it was his first brood after all. Tips for what I will need in the future (Preferably a list, the linked article doesn’t mention much in the way of supplies) are still welcome though!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new