Prime 16HD Acclimation Mode

Vsquared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am new on R2R. I am getting back into the hobby after a 15 year break. Previously I had fish only tanks and now am trying my hand at a Neptunian M90 for LPS and a few fish. My question is this:

Is the Acclimation mode on the Prime 16's really worth doing, and if so, is it needed for a full 30 days? I am running a schedule where the max intensity at peak hours will only be 63%. I realize it's probably good to run an acclimation schedule of some kind but my thought process is what about down the road when the current corals are established and I add something new? Wouldn't it be disruptive to the established corals to decrease what they're used to by 50% in order to acclimate the new additions? Maybe its better to expose the established corals to the acclimation mode again rather than put the new corals directly into the current schedule.

Insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO lighting acclimation is very highly over rated. Lighting on the reef changes a lot from bright sunny day to heavy overcast thunderstorm days.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back