Prime 16HD SW for freshwater?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Foxchase
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Foxchase

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2020
Messages
588
Reaction score
554
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to start a small planted tank and wanted to use as much equipment I have as possible.

It may be a dumb question but could a Prime 16HD reef work for a planted tank? Has anyone tried it?
 
I want to start a small planted tank and wanted to use as much equipment I have as possible.

It may be a dumb question but could a Prime 16HD reef work for a planted tank? Has anyone tried it?
There's no reason why this should be a problem; you'll just need to power up the reds and greens in the settings, which is an easy thing to do, but something that very few reefers want in their systems.
 
Yes. It will work. run whites, slight bit of blue to taste and reds and greens.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new