Prime 16HD

jlemayy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought the prime 16HD for my 20 tall hexagon. Pretty expensive but definitely seems worth it.

AED641D4-5CB3-4EE2-A2FE-FD060CEED7A1.jpeg

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given it has the built in controller (make sure you make use of the automated intensity scheduling and spectrum selection, don't just run it 100% full blast!) the price is an incredible value. I recommend ramping up just the UV and Violet channels for a half hour to hour before you start ramping up the remainder of the spectrum, as that "black lightish" coloration is one of the light's great strengths (especially if you have luminescing corals/anemones).

OP
OP
J

jlemayy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PBnJOnWheat @TriggersAmuck hey could you guys help me figure this out. This light keeps turning off on its own it will run for maybe a half hour or so and then just turn off. The green ai light on the top of the light stays on. I can go into the app and turn the lights back on in live demo but it just shuts off again. Is there somthing in the setting that I need to do to prevent this ?

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PBnJOnWheat @TriggersAmuck hey could you guys help me figure this out. This light keeps turning off on its own it will run for maybe a half hour or so and then just turn off. The green ai light on the top of the light stays on. I can go into the app and turn the lights back on in live demo but it just shuts off again. Is there somthing in the setting that I need to do to prevent this ?

I'm not as familiar with the HD16 (I have the older 13 LED model), but have you logged into the phone app for the light? There is scheduling available there which might be the culprit. It just seems odd that it is repeating this regularly (instead of per a schedule). There are also programmable weather events, but they usually simulate lightning, not complete darkness LOL.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SS of your lighting schedule?

OP
OP
J

jlemayy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll setup a lighting schedule within the app. Hopefully that is it. I guess there is no simple on/off button with this light lol

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll setup a lighting schedule within the app. Hopefully that is it. I guess there is no simple on/off button with this light lol
Always pull the plug lol. They have an easy setup in the app also. You can download lighting schedules too :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back