Prison Tank - Biocube 28

Digicop

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2020
Messages
99
Reaction score
42
Location
Rayne, LA
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread will document my Biocube 28 that I moved to my office within a municipal police department in Louisiana. I started this thread in an attempt to win the BUILT LIKE A TUNZE giveaway. I have been wanting to create a tank thread and this was the push I needed.

This tank was started on March 13, 2020 with half established live rock and half dry rock. I have regularly dosed Microbacter7 since then. I have ceramic bioballs with heater in first section. I purchased after market media baskets and refugium for second section, but ended up removing the Chaeto after not seeing any growth due to insufficient lighting. I use filter pads and chemipure blue in media basket. I do not have a protein skimmer for this tank but definitely want one, hence the giveaway entry.

The tank is stocked with two hustlers clown fish, an Emery crab and fire shrimp. I have LPS and a two SPS corals that I am trying to grow out to fill the tank.

6758EC1D-D52B-44B9-A2D9-24CA8E84227B.jpeg 6E06E0FE-EB83-463A-A8FE-A63BC58A17A8.jpeg
 
This thread will document my Biocube 28 that I moved to my office within a municipal police department in Louisiana. I started this thread in an attempt to win the BUILT LIKE A TUNZE giveaway. I have been wanting to create a tank thread and this was the push I needed.

This tank was started on March 13, 2020 with half established live rock and half dry rock. I have regularly dosed Microbacter7 since then. I have ceramic bioballs with heater in first section. I purchased after market media baskets and refugium for second section, but ended up removing the Chaeto after not seeing any growth due to insufficient lighting. I use filter pads and chemipure blue in media basket. I do not have a protein skimmer for this tank but definitely want one, hence the giveaway entry.

The tank is stocked with two hustlers clown fish, an Emery crab and fire shrimp. I have LPS and a two SPS corals that I am trying to grow out to fill the tank.

6758EC1D-D52B-44B9-A2D9-24CA8E84227B.jpeg 6E06E0FE-EB83-463A-A8FE-A63BC58A17A8.jpeg
Looking good
This thread will document my Biocube 28 that I moved to my office within a municipal police department in Louisiana. I started this thread in an attempt to win the BUILT LIKE A TUNZE giveaway. I have been wanting to create a tank thread and this was the push I needed.

This tank was started on March 13, 2020 with half established live rock and half dry rock. I have regularly dosed Microbacter7 since then. I have ceramic bioballs with heater in first section. I purchased after market media baskets and refugium for second section, but ended up removing the Chaeto after not seeing any growth due to insufficient lighting. I use filter pads and chemipure blue in media basket. I do not have a protein skimmer for this tank but definitely want one, hence the giveaway entry.

The tank is stocked with two hustlers clown fish, an Emery crab and fire shrimp. I have LPS and a two SPS corals that I am trying to grow out to fill the tank.

6758EC1D-D52B-44B9-A2D9-24CA8E84227B.jpeg 6E06E0FE-EB83-463A-A8FE-A63BC58A17A8.jpeg
Looking good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new