Pro-Clear 230 Rimless in-wall Build

rcrutherford44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st post, we started with a small 75g (I think) tank back in 2007 or so but I had back surgery & had to give it up. Got back into it in 2015 with a used 120g. Just installed a new Pro-Clear 230 a few months ago.
The tank is roughly 180 with a 45ish sump. I'm running 3 Ocean Revive LED's, really like them so far. Adding a Neptune controller next week.
I've just started adding a few corals, we transferred over the anemones, the live rock & 5 fish from my old tank.
Thanks for looking.

Tank 1.jpg Tank 2.jpg Tank 3.jpg tank build 1.jpg tank build 2.jpg tank build 3.jpg tank build 4.jpg tank build 5.jpg tank build 6.jpg tank build 7.jpg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have both. Love it. Stand matches our house perfectly. Came with sump also. Highly recommended it

its tempting me for sure. but I was/am leaning towards an 8 footer for the fish only. but I like the stand and it would fit my house better. hmmm

any updated photos your tanks?

OP
OP
rcrutherford44

rcrutherford44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the update man
is that the same tank just different sides? running it as a peninsula?
Yes, same tank. The side where you can see the whole thing is in our great room. The other side is our kitchen. We cut out the wall, put in a new header & replaced the drywall giving it a "window" look. Still need to finish painting the kitchen side.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, same tank. The side where you can see the whole thing is in our great room. The other side is our kitchen. We cut out the wall, put in a new header & replaced the drywall giving it a "window" look. Still need to finish painting the kitchen side.

nice I have a red sea 650 peninsula that is going to be a room divider.
in your option do you think the pro start 230 would be big enough for a fish only tank?

tank is looking good buddy!

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did it take for you to get your tank. I ordered my 230 kit in June! Still have not received it. I've been told 4 times it's shipped. I was told it was held up in a shipping container in Florida before it could go to new york where it would ship to me in Florida. Weren't these MADE IN USA? Why is an assembled tank kit sitting in customs for weeks. I'd be fine with that but it's November now. Still nothing.

OP
OP
rcrutherford44

rcrutherford44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local store had them in stock. He said that he normally goes through about 1 semi load of these a year, but he had done probably 4 loads of them just through June. With people locked down, guess the hobby took off.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back