Probably going back to LED

ChrisfromBrick

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2024
Messages
3,561
Reaction score
4,905
Location
Brick, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Love my ATI sunpower but its just not giving me the pop that my corals have potential for. Thinking 2 quanta bars meso blue and 2-3 A360's between them on a 48x20x20 tank.

Will probably keep the sunpower if I decide to start another tank or as a backup. Its dependable.
 
Love my ATI sunpower but its just not giving me the pop that my corals have potential for. Thinking 2 quanta bars meso blue and 2-3 A360's between them on a 48x20x20 tank.

Will probably keep the sunpower if I decide to start another tank or as a backup. Its dependable.
T5 Doesnt add pop leds do. But T5 adds growth and full SPS colors with no shades on the corals which led does. I would add 2 strips of Leds Meso Blue or AI Blades which are lighter in weight then the Meso Blues
 
20250805_164530_D20130E6-B010-4C9B-BFB6-35AAF13E316A.png


Here is my tank for reference
 
yea i know. I just thought that i would try it to reduce shadowing. I won’t buy blades as i feel they are far overpriced for what you get.
 
yea i know. I just thought that i would try it to reduce shadowing. I won’t buy blades as i feel they are far overpriced for what you get.
You could try the market place and find some used. The reason I used Blades its because they are very lite in weight compared to Orphek OR3 or Meso Blue bars that weight 4-5 pounds per bar
 
Hard to beat the Quanta Meso’s. Can pretty much combine them with any fixture, the mounts for radions make them a clean option, just have to deal with the radion price tag 🙂. Xr15 and 360 are not too far off price wise, though.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new