Problem with everlasting gobstoppers zoas

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have these everlasting gobstoppers zoas for 2 months now(top left in the image) and suddenly 2 weeks ago they just close up. The first days both heads opened only halfway and after that they are completely closed since now. I had them in the mid section of my tank with probably moderate to high flow. Before they close they were growing taller as I know they do when they need more light. Yesterday I moved them to lower light and flow area and they haven't opened up yet. I dipped them 2 times with seachem reef dip and I don't see any pests in the frag or the other 2 zoa frags I have. My phosphates are between 0.25-0.50ppm (salifert test kits) since the day I've bought them. Also I am worried about my light, I have 2 T5's bulbs with 78 watts on total, over a 120X50X40 tank. Anyone have any ideas to get them to open?
received_1071860450001219.jpeg

saltybees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patience young grasshopper. Unless your parameters are off, they’re melting or have visible pests just leave them alone. You just moved them to a completely different zone, they’ll need to acclimate themselves again.

Upvote 0

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gobstopper should stretch a bit. I find them happiest when they are about 1-2" long...not growing flush to rocks like smaller zoas.

Hyper low nitrates or sky high nitrates that are bouncing around will make them 'fussy'.

Not seeing signs of pests here so you can quit the dips.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
reef4life!!!

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patience young grasshopper. Unless your parameters are off, they’re melting or have visible pests just leave them alone. You just moved them to a completely different zone, they’ll need to acclimate themselves again.
Well my only parameter off is the phosphate,everything else is in range and every other corals are good.So my question is how much days should i wait?Should i wait another 2-3 weeks and if they don't open to rellocate them again or i must wait more days?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
reef4life!!!

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gobstopper should stretch a bit. I find them happiest when they are about 1-2" long...not growing flush to rocks like smaller zoas.

Hyper low nitrates or sky high nitrates that are bouncing around will make them 'fussy'.

Not seeing signs of pests here so you can quit the dips.
my nitrates are constantly at 2-5ppm(some times goes a little high close to 10ppm but its a very rare occasion).Yeah i will quit the dips as they didn't seem to help

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%
Back