Problem with Kessil Controller

Suzzie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wondering if anyone had encountered a problem where the screen of the Kessil controller goes white and you can’t access the options?
I’ve got this problem - I went on line, updated to the latest version of firmware (or so I thought) and now the controller isn’t even allowing my lights on.
If anyone has come across this, and has a fix, I’d be very grateful to hear from them.
Unfortunately I am now out of warranty....,

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wondering if anyone had encountered a problem where the screen of the Kessil controller goes white and you can’t access the options?
I’ve got this problem - I went on line, updated to the latest version of firmware (or so I thought) and now the controller isn’t even allowing my lights on.
If anyone has come across this, and has a fix, I’d be very grateful to hear from them.
Unfortunately I am now out of warranty....,
Bad update possibly? Try the update again and see if it was maybe just a bad install. Definitely still email kessil as even out of warranty they can still be a huge help :)

OP
OP
Suzzie

Suzzie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad update possibly? Try the update again and see if it was maybe just a bad install. Definitely still email kessil as even out of warranty they can still be a huge help :)

Hello, yes I’ve tried the update three times. The update software can’t see the controller and comes back with an unhelpful error message.

I’ve also e-mailed Kessil so hoping they get back to me.

Sounds like the controller has lost all its software and settings to me (including its OS).

Thanks for getting back to me - much appreciated.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Never had an issue with the one i had

OP
OP
Suzzie

Suzzie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had an issue with the one i had
Mine has been fine until the last week.
I’ve been in touch with Kessil who responded very quickly.
Unfortunately they said it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to repair. They did offer a discount for a purchase in the US - but I need this quick and would have to Payton. customs, etc. so bought in the UK.
Thanks for your reply.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back