Prodibio reef booster question

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the prodibio reef kit, and last night I dosed the reef booster, and coral vits. I knew it was going to make my water cloudy so thats why I did it at night. Well today the tank is still a little hazy looking, and most of my corals are closed. Is that normal? I dont wanna hurt anything.

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
per instructions only add to an established tank. What size tank do you have and what size ampule did you use. I did what you did on a two month old tank and found my corals closed up and it has taken weeks for tank and corals to restablize. I have 25G (35 with sump) and used nano ampule. it would be much better to figure out how to add a very small amount daily or every couple days then dosing so much at once as the tank just can't utilize that much nutrition at once.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
per instructions only add to an established tank.

Are you suggesting his tank is not established?

What directions are you referring to?

The web site says:

"When should Reef_Booster be used ?
  • In your marine water tank when your corals are not developed"

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi randy - depends on dosage. i followed directions and used 'nano ampules' on a 25G nano, turned skimmer off and removed filter socks night before and found corals closed and slick film around tank next morning when I turn skimmer back on. I have two mp10s on 80% so flow isn't issue. I conclude my tank couldn't handle that much nutrition/fatty acids/etc at one dose. It took two days to clear, had to wipe sides of tank down and did partial water change. PS I have 15 pounds of LR, barebottom.

I'm interested to hear from hawk82 what size amplule he used per how many gallons of tank water, how much LR/sandbed, corals and if he has clams.

OP
OP
hawk82

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my tank is a 40 breeder. I have about 40 pounds of gulf live rock, and 40 pounds sand. Tank is around 8 months old. Ive been dosing bioptim and biodigest every 15 days and never had any issues. This time I added the reef booster and coral vits. Size was just the standard size amp. Corals are leathers, zoas, gsp, gorgonian, cup coral, and some filter feeders, some type of bivalve that came on my live rock I seen open and close every now and then, sponges, lots of macro algae. Also Ive never seen any special instructions for these products. It just says does them every 15 days.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back