Product Review: Reef Breeders Photon 48-V2+

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my photon 48 V2 and rented a par meter. So I figured if there was anyone out there wanted some general readings on their current set up I would take them while I have the meter. Until 5/28ish.

I have a fully set up 90. I can give you
6”
12”
16”
Directly under The fixture, it is a fairly good blanket of light so as long as your not way off center this should be very useful.

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lil necro here... hope everyone is having a super Friday! So I bought a 300G tank (96L x 30W x 23H) and it came with two of these photon 48 v2+'s in very nice shape.

I have been using two 165w Vipar Spectra lights on my 100G and they've been so nice. I love them and I am debating getting two more of them and selling off the photon v2+'s ... this tank is so wide I am unsure the photon's will have good coverage.. idk.. So I was trying to plan out how to use both the photons and the add the two vipars after I move everything to the 300.. but it's would be a bit of an odd fit..

Anyways the photons seem like very good lights so I am torn but I am leaning towards running 4x vipar spectra's hung sideways for best coverage of this wide-ish tank. Or are the photons worth giving a shot first before giving up on them? Thoughts?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lil necro here... hope everyone is having a super Friday! So I bought a 300G tank (96L x 30W x 23H) and it came with two of these photon 48 v2+'s in very nice shape.

I have been using two 165w Vipar Spectra lights on my 100G and they've been so nice. I love them and I am debating getting two more of them and selling off the photon v2+'s ... this tank is so wide I am unsure the photon's will have good coverage.. idk.. So I was trying to plan out how to use both the photons and the add the two vipars after I move everything to the 300.. but it's would be a bit of an odd fit..

Anyways the photons seem like very good lights so I am torn but I am leaning towards running 4x vipar spectra's hung sideways for best coverage of this wide-ish tank. Or are the photons worth giving a shot first before giving up on them? Thoughts?
Photons grow everything.
30 wide tank it the pitfall. They are good for 24".
The only other thing I can suggest is taking out the lenses and cranking them up. You lose the punch but get the spread. Or, T5 supplements.

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photons grow everything.
30 wide tank it the pitfall. They are good for 24".
The only other thing I can suggest is taking out the lenses and cranking them up. You lose the punch but get the spread. Or, T5 supplements.
interesting.. T5 supplementation I didn't consider but like the idea of. Thanks for that suggestion and the bit about the lenses!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.7%
Back