Profilux 3.1 vs Profilux 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all: I currently have a Profilux 3.1 and recently have bought a KH Director which works fine.
I'm bored of having to connect a computer for some functions of Profilux such as modify dosage functions of the dosers, manual KH Director testing and so on. I know that all or most of these functions are easily performed via myGHL, which requires connection to a router.

My question is, would it be easy to connect Profilux 3.1 via ethernet to a router and have myGHL or would it be better to do it taking advantage of the WiFi abilities of Profilux 4?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a weaker wifi signal in my basement where i have my P4 setup. So, I haven't been able to get my P4 to connect to my network... even though everything else in the basement can connect! So, I'm not thrilled with the P4's widi connectivity. So, if you can run ethernet... probably a very dependable solution. But, many on here are using MyGHL without problems... maybe I'm just yrying to set it up all wrong, lol.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Profilux 3.1 hooked to my router thru power line Ethernet connection. I then can use myGHL or GHL connect thru my AMPLIFI wireless mesh router.
In the case of a WiFi Profilux the AMPLIFI mesh router workes
Great where you have dead areas as you can place nodes that connect and spread the WiFi through out your home.

OP
OP
chema

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you for your responses. Is it difficult to hook the Profile 3.1 with the router?. Do you have to play around a lot with the router?. I hate having to change things in routers as it seems that always you damage something and what was working nicely stops working.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back