Profilux 4 Questions/Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a P4 and the connection to myGHL has always been sketchy as well as very slow. A couple of weeks ago I completely lost connection to the WiFi and myGHL. I will delete and redo my (static IP) connection to see if it solves the issue. In any event I have a couple of questions:

1 - WiFi module update: do I need to update? How do I know what is the current version?
2 - Should I use the "Access point mode" as well?

Many thanks!

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I went ahead and updated first the GCC to the latest version, than upgraded the firmware of the P4, and than I updated the HiFi module. In the communications page of GCC you can see the Wifi firmware version.

As for the access point, I have it configured but do not know if it is working or not.

The other odd thing is that when I access the P4 via the IP address under version it reads n.a., instead of the firmware version of the wifi module. However, my connection is working perfectly now.

I did run into an issue upgrading the P4 firmware and had to restore the settings. Unfortunately an error occurred which meant I lost the settings and calibration for the Salinity probe, which I had to do again.

This thing has a steep learning curve, instructions are very unfriendly (not to say bad) and overall not very intuitive.

Makes me think that maybe I should have gone with Apex...

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Youtube may be your friend with some of your issues. They do have a nice set of instructional videos that may help. Is this your first controller? The only issue I've had thus far is trying to update the firmware with a computer running windows 7. Tried a windows 10 machine and it all went smooth. That includes a wifi module update as well. Never had an Apex before. I still use some Digital Aquatics equipment and this system is so much better. Sorry you are having your issues.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back