Profilux in storage . . . what to check for?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigAl07
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BigAl07

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Messages
514
Reaction score
503
Location
Waynesville, NC USA ~ Earth
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been out of "salt water" for right at 4 years now due to life changes. I'm getting back into it and plan to utilize my GHL ProfiLux 3.1N (I think that's right.. it's been upgraded a few times now). I have a few specific questions for GHL North America:

A) What's the best way to be able to definitively say I have "THIS" model of Profilux? If I take pics of the rear and submit them to you will that be enough?

B) Other than a power-on to make sure it's operting what other things do I need to look for in a unit that's been in dry storage for 4 years? I'm sure the probes (ph etc) are long dead/dried so I'll replace those when I set a tank back up.

C) What's the best option if I need to send the head unit in for a "once over" inspection etc? I'd rather not send it to Germany if at all possible to avoid.
 
Welcome back!


A) Look at the sticker underneath the ProfiLux itself.

B) Do a firmware update to bring your controller up to date on all the newest features and improvements.

C) If you'd like we can do the inspection and firmware update for you at our FL warehouse. Send us an email for more information.
[email protected]
 
Welcome back!


A) Look at the sticker underneath the ProfiLux itself.

B) Do a firmware update to bring your controller up to date on all the newest features and improvements.

C) If you'd like we can do the inspection and firmware update for you at our FL warehouse. Send us an email for more information.
[email protected]


Thank you Vinny. I'm going to get it out of storage this weekend and I may go ahead and ship it directly down to y'all. I'll send an email from now.

THANK YOU!

Allen
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new