Programming apex for brs doser

Weikel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys I have a question on setting up 2 brs dosing pumps on apex fusion.. to start off I have an apex classic and have the dosers plugged into the relay outlets numbers 4 and 8.

I am not looking to do a complicated osc dosing at the moment. I simply want to turn on each doser for X amount of mins once a day.. I figured since it is just a once a day on /off I could use the "light" preset for programing. I did this and set my on time to 1254 and off time to 1256 to test it(I set the temp shutdown to 85 just so it wouldn't interfere). Apex Turned the pump on ok pump never turned the pump off..

Pretty confused why this wouldn't work . I will post a picture of the "advanced settings " that will show the code apex generated..

Any idea would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Screenshot_20200111-130200_Apex Fusion.jpg

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should work. You can delete the temp line and the Min time line since they’re irrelevant for the doser.

How long did you watch the foster? The statement “if time 1236 to 1238” will keep the outlet on from 12:36:00 to 12:38:59 (I.e. it won’t turn off until 12:39) maybe that’s what’s confusing you?

OP
OP
W

Weikel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should work. You can delete the temp line and the Min time line since they’re irrelevant for the doser.

How long did you watch the foster? The statement “if time 1236 to 1238” will keep the outlet on from 12:36:00 to 12:38:59 (I.e. it won’t turn off until 12:39) maybe that’s what’s confusing you?

Haha well now that makes sense!! I expected it to stop at 12:38. I will try it again tomorrow.. seriously thank you for the help it was driving me crazy!!!!

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha well now that makes sense!! I expected it to stop at 12:38. I will try it again tomorrow.. seriously thank you for the help it was driving me crazy!!!!
Hope it works for you! The issue with it stopping at the end of the minute rather than the beginning is one of those little quirks that gets a lot of people confused. It's easy once you know about it but confusing otherwise.

The Osc command will work, but for something like this I think using If Time is a lot simpler and clearer. The other advantage is that if you don't understand the Osc comand, it will be harder for you to figure out if you want to change the programming a few months from now.

OP
OP
W

Weikel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope it works for you! The issue with it stopping at the end of the minute rather than the beginning is one of those little quirks that gets a lot of people confused. It's easy once you know about it but confusing otherwise.

The Osc command will work, but for something like this I think using If Time is a lot simpler and clearer. The other advantage is that if you don't understand the Osc comand, it will be harder for you to figure out if you want to change the programming a few months from now.

Thanks again.. after reading what you said it makes sense. Honestly I think this will work for me . I only have a little rsr250 with a few lps.(pic below). maybe if I can ever keep sps alive I might get into the osc if/when my 2 part demand increases..

Screenshot_20200112-194222_Gallery.jpg

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheHarold I saw your ... I was summoning you on nano(if this is Mr potter) bc I couldnt get anyone to help me with this crap .

ah haha yes, the one and the same! Think the issue was with your Min Time line. But yeah the online calculator for generating dosing code works great!

OP
OP
W

Weikel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So just an quick update.. you where right. Ha I totally wasnt waiting long enough.. apparently the apex logic does not pay attention to the seconds.. or at least the way I had it set up.

Thanks again ! This was frustrating me

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 66 34.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back