Hydros Wave Engine Programming for Multiple Gyres

Travi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi! I've seen some really good tutorials on folks setting up their gyres with an Apex and getting great flow (including the BRS setup video). Hoping someone can share their programming and success with gyres on a Hydros.

My set up is a 6' peninsula with a gyre on each end using the stock Hydros "Gyre" program for the pumps. I'm not getting really great flow at the bottom and lots of really strong spots and then really low spots. Would love to hear other Hydros Wave Engine users setups.

Thanks!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I've seen some really good tutorials on folks setting up their gyres with an Apex and getting great flow (including the BRS setup video). Hoping someone can share their programming and success with gyres on a Hydros.

My set up is a 6' peninsula with a gyre on each end using the stock Hydros "Gyre" program for the pumps. I'm not getting really great flow at the bottom and lots of really strong spots and then really low spots. Would love to hear other Hydros Wave Engine users setups.

Thanks!
I don't have the gyre pump. I have 2 MP10's but I have several schedules during the day and run different patterns throughout the day. I run the nutrient export pattern 30 minutes after a feeding. This is a screenshot of that one. I run it for an hour. This schedule is after the first feeding. I run it again on another schedule after the other feeding. Controlling MP10's is a little different than the direct drive port pumps.

IMG_0856.png

IMG_0857.png

OP
OP
Travi

Travi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't have the gyre pump. I have 2 MP10's but I have several schedules during the day and run different patterns throughout the day. I run the nutrient export pattern 30 minutes after a feeding. This is a screenshot of that one. I run it for an hour. This schedule is after the first feeding. I run it again on another schedule after the other feeding. Controlling MP10's is a little different than the direct drive port pumps.

IMG_0856.png

IMG_0857.png
Thanks! I've been thinking about adding a nutrient export to the schedule so the screenshots are super helpful. :)

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two gyres on opposite ends of my tank (only 4 feet). For me what has worked best is having both near the top aimed just slightly up, alternating on the hydros ‘square wave’ program. Basically one blows across the top, down the opposite side, then creates an undertow along the bottom in the opposite direction (back to the pump). I have the timing set so that just after this circular pattern is well established, the pumps switch and I get flow in the opposite direction (i.e. changes from clockwise to counterclockwise if you are looking from the front of the tank). Having the flow aimed across the top seemed the easiest way to avoid blasting any corals with direct flow.

OP
OP
Travi

Travi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

IMG_0856.png

IMG_0857.png
Question...how did you get the Depends On to trigger from 42g Feed Mode? Is that a physical/button switch you have set up as an input?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question...how did you get the Depends On to trigger from 42g Feed Mode? Is that a physical/button switch you have set up as an input?
I use a wifi feeder and that output is triggered by the feeder running and is timed to stay on for 30 minutes. It does not trigger a feed mode on the controller.

IMG_0900.png

IMG_0901.png

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back