Programming question Apex (ATO Res Fill with SV-1)

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATO refill outlet hooked to a solenoid valve:

[SV_ATO_Res]
Fallback OFF
If Output ActFillATOR = ON Then ON
If RES_HI CLOSED Then OFF
If Output LeakDetected = ON Then OFF

ActFillATOR is OFF
RES_HI is OPEN
LeakDetected is OFF

But if I cycle SV_ATO_RES to OFF, and then wait a few minutes, and cycle it back to AUTO, it then flips itself ON. Why does it go to ON instead of OFF if it's former state was OFF?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the only thing in your code that can turn it On is the ActFillATOR output, and that output is Off, then the Apex is malfunctioning.

I would recommend two things:

1. Examine your entire Apex configuration to look for any duplicate names. If you have any Outputs, Inputs, Modules, or Profiles that have the same name as something else on your Apex, then that can cause the Apex to behave in unexplained ways. Rename any duplicates, save the configuration, and then reboot the Apex to load the corrected configuration.

2. If you don't see any duplicates, then just reboot the Apex to see if that corrects the behavior.

OP
OP
garbled

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hrmm.. rebooting seems to have fixed it, though I haven't tried cycling the outlet again.. Very strange.. Once the big RO bin fills, I'll try cycling the outlet a few more times and see if it's still insane.. At least I know my code wasn't wrong, for the life of me, couldn't see the error...

OP
OP
garbled

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hrmm.. still having odd problems with these outlets after switching them manually on and off..

[ActFillROTNK]
Fallback OFF
If ROB_LO OPEN Then ON
If ROB_HI CLOSED Then OFF
Defer 002:00 Then ON

Switch it OFF manually, then back to auto, wait, and it flips to ON.

Perhaps I fundamentally misunderstand something about this kind of Fallback X but not using Set X outlet when flipping it back and forth from manual states.

My understanding is when you flip to OFF, then AUTO, it should re-evaluate. But instead, the behavior I seem to see, is that it resumes whatever the previous state was last time it was in auto..

Which means my brilliant method for doing mostly automatic water fills is non-functional.

1615388279377.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back