OP
Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case anyone wants to know Bermuda is having a 15% off sale and if you spend $200 you get 20% off. Planning on stopping by tomorrow.

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's all weekend? Just in time. I'm moving to a 55G, so I'm gonna catch my damsel's and take them in and grab some clowns :D (Kiddo's request, LOL). Probably eventually set up the 30 in my son's room as a nem/clown only tank. :D (REALLY wish bermuda was more active on facebook haha)

OP
OP
Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1417398353.818511.jpg
. Lights are finally in and part of the rock work is in also. Finally coming together and the 3 chromis are pretty happy. Good sign!

OP
OP
Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank seems pretty stable. Think I may add a coral or two this weekend and possibly some clowns.

OP
OP
Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1421369558.766202.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1421369572.220422.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1421369583.104102.jpg

Sorry for the absence, been busy with work and school and the flu. Today was a big day for the tank. Changed 30 gal and added the last of the rock. Also added phos-gard. The clowns are now a week old and the original chromis are still kicking. Now just to beef up the clean up crew and add some corals and a tang. It's a work in progress.

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice! Rock work looks better than mine :p. Maybe use that tonga branch extended out instead of laying upwards though? :D That would add some balance and bring things out I think

OP
OP
Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my suggestion but the wife likes it that way. That was her only request believe it or not.....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good man! Congrats!

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my suggestion but the wife likes it that way. That was her only request believe it or not.....

LOL!!! I know that feeling. My wife loved the rockwork in mine the first time I set it in there, and it was literally just thrown around. Reset it and she was OK with it. Then I re-arranged it to be more reef-like, she hated it.. so I knocked a few things over and we're both OK with it now, hah

OP
OP
Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I had a meeting in Atlanta, so afterwards I decided to check out a few stores. 1st stop was "The fish store" in Chamblee. Nice store, nice stuff, and way out of my range. When you walk in and see a Axanthochromic undulated trigger for $10,000, you probably need to turn around. Super selection, tons of corals and inverts and nice selection of fish, but they want a hefty price for them. So I walked out with nada, LOL. Colonies of Acropora were $495 and up, and they were really mini-colonies. So next stop on the way home was "ReefShac" in Powder Springs. This place was a hidden gem!!! Super prices and nice selection. Shac is super nice too and helpful. Picked up some zoa's and a fire shrimp for $20 and a yellow tang for $20. Cant beat those prices!!!! He is willing to ship to Chattanooga/Dalton also and its about $15. If you guys ever want to order some stuff, let me know and I can set it up with him. If you are ever in Powder Springs, check him out! Again, AWESOME store and service! Will try to get some pics up of the goodies I got!!

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I added him on facebook awhile back, but haven't been down that way recently. He's always looked to have stellar pricing. Nice to know it's not just a facebook show! If you're ever up around nashville since you're an acro guy, check out 7Seas in henderson. If you've not seen their posts in the facebook group, they do acros from 25-135 (frags-mini colonies)! And Matt in cleveland can hook you up on acro too.

I decided to stop by fish mania yesterday... eh... tanks didn't look so hot IMO, but they had a few little things I wanted. $25+ For teeny tiny frags of anything though, so I had to pass especially with the questionable looking tanks (lots of skeleton showing on colonies and un-opened polyps! o_O). Maybe I went at a bad time, but I don't remember it looking much better when I visited many years ago.

OP
OP
Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt in Cleveland gets his stuff from Shac. We talked about that yesterday and that's how I found out about the shipping.

There is a swap in Nashville April 25 I believe. Will be there if I can and may stop by seven seas.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back