Propagation Lighting

Jesoccer94

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2020
Messages
93
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the best style light for a propagation tank? Mine would be for mixed reef. Tank would be 4’x2’. Appreciate the recommendations.
 
That's a tough question. Are you an led fan? What are you keeping in the tank? Price range?
 
I am an LED fan and they are actually the only lights I’ve ever used. I am going to be keeping everything from zoas to SPS in the tank. I am open to all different pricings, just want the best growth and coloration I can get! I appreciate the feedback.
 
Hi jesoccer. I have 2 Radion xr15 G5’s blues over my 4’ x 2’ x 12” deep frag tank. I also have some reef rite XHO Strips for some extra pop. The lights have some preprogrammed settings for coral growth that I am using. I’m seeing coral growth already and it’s only been about a month. Lights were easy to set up with the Mobius app.
 
Thanks for the feedback, I ended up getting 3 hydra 26 with the t5 aquatic life fixture.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new