Propagation Tank - Hydroponic

Jesoccer94

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2020
Messages
93
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about setting up another propagation tank. Was wondering what the community’s thoughts are on hydroponic frag tanks. What to buy? Where to buy? Lighting recommendation, etc? Really appreciate your help.
 
Do you mean flood trays instead of a glass or acrylic? What size tank are you thinking?
 
Do you mean flood trays instead of a glass or acrylic? What size tank are you thinking?

Yes I am tanking about flood trays. I’m thinking probably one of these dimensions, 4x2, 4x4, or 6x3. And 6” to 8” deep
 
Yes I am tanking about flood trays. I’m thinking probably one of these dimensions, 4x2, 4x4, or 6x3. And 6” to 8” deep
Flood trays are flimsy and horrible. I wouldn't trust them with more than 4" of water. I'd recommend the rubbermaid stock totes. The 50gal is bulletproof and cheap.

20200829_202048.jpg
 
Those are nice, thanks for the feedback. I’m starting to just consider spending the extra money on acrylic or glass since it’s going to be in my office. Was thinking the trays would be nice and cheap but may be better for me. When I get a house I may do a set up like this. Awesome idea!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new