PropellerBreeze Red Wire Fix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

While the GHL PropellerBreeze is a very nice product it does have one minor cosmetic issue. The side that the air blows out of has wiring that is visible. You can see it in the photo, in particular the red wire. This would be the side facing the front of the aquarium and distracts from the overall appearance. It's a little less noticeable in this photo as I first tried to color it with a black sharpie, which didn't give that good of a result.

PropellerBreeze Red.jpg

The idea that I came up with was to fill the wire channel with black sealant. I wasn't sure how the cover was attached on the PropellerBreeze though. I thought the black buttons may have been some type of screw covers. I was concerned that if I popped one off it may break or be difficult to reattach. So I got my fingernail under one and pulled up on it anyways. It turned out the black buttons were push pins holding the cover on.

PropellerBreeze Pins.jpg

They all came off with out issue, and I filled the channels with black sealant. Here's the end result. I think they should come from the factory this way.

PropellerBreeze Cover.jpg

PropellerBreeze Black.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back