Propellercontrol questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA
Based off my light mounting configuration I need to run 2 fan units. So I have 2 questions.

1. Can the Propellercontrol 2.1 control two fan units? Independent or synchronized?

2. Are the mounting clamps on the Propeller Breeze 3 adjustable? I would want to have them narrower than what is seen in the picture.

wiszmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA
Based off my light mounting configuration I need to run 2 fan units. So I have 2 questions.

1. Can the Propellercontrol 2.1 control two fan units? Independent or synchronized?

2. Are the mounting clamps on the Propeller Breeze 3 adjustable? I would want to have them narrower than what is seen in the picture.
1. NO, however you can get 2 control modules and run them under the same function/run mode/sync'ed.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. NO, however you can get 2 control modules and run them under the same function/run mode/sync'ed.
What if I create a Y cable and use it on the lead that comes off the controller? The same signal should then control both fan units I imagine.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 4 screws on each mounting bracket you could remove them and adjust but would need to tap new holes if you want to adjust them.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just cut the fan wires and splice the second into the first. They will both run together.

Or look into computer fans. They have many thermostat options, pigtails, connectors, controllers and such.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here the Breeze up close also, and the mounting Screws I was talking about:

wiszmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if I create a Y cable and use it on the lead that comes off the controller? The same signal should then control both fan units I imagine.
The controller sends 0-10v to the Control module, this signal you can use a splitter for and send to 2 control modules.

However the control module takes in the power for the fan, and modifies said power signal for the fans.
I'm not sure if the circuitry in the control module would be able to handle 2 fan units, or single power supply.
It's easier just to buy 2 units and not worry about prematurely failing one.

Just cut the fan wires and splice the second into the first. They will both run together.

Or look into computer fans. They have many thermostat options, pigtails, connectors, controllers and such.
See above.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The controller sends 0-10v to the Control module, this signal you can use a splitter for and send to 2 control modules.

However the control module takes in the power for the fan, and modifies said power signal for the fans.
I'm not sure if the circuitry in the control module would be able to handle 2 fan units, or single power supply....
I would think the control module could handle up to 6 fans total, since that is the largest size PropellerBreeze unit. For example, two three fan units should work.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm not sure if the circuitry in the control module would be able to handle 2 fan units, or single power supply.
It's easier just to buy 2 units and not worry about prematurely failing one.

See above.

See below

Controller is rated at 800mA on 12v.
Each fan pulls roughly 125mA

It is capable of controlling 6 fans total.

Split wire and hook second unit in to first.
Or order splitter.

Anything over 6 fans total will need another controller. 2 controllers could run 6 fans each for a total of 12.

And 85mm fans are common size for video cards. Which tend to last for a while.

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back