Proper Tuxedo Urchin Handling

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys and guys. I've been in this hobby for a long time, but I've never had an urchin. I have an ORA tuxedo urchin on the way, but I have no idea how to pick up/handle her. What's the proper way to pick up/handle a Tuxedo Urchin?

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well when you see the size of it , you're gonna laugh . It's going to be the size of a nickel slightly bigger. Maybe quarter lol
Why is this bad? They take forever to grow and you can’t expect companies to hold onto animals for ever

OP you can just gentle grab them and move them. When it come in a bag they should be easily removed.

Last edited:

Linflas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received one from OceansGarden last week and it is larger than a quarter in diameter. I just followed their acclimation instructions and it seems to be doing well so far. I am waiting for them to have some reds available so I can get one of those as well.

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received one from OceansGarden last week and it is larger than a quarter in diameter. I just followed their acclimation instructions and it seems to be doing well so far. I am waiting for them to have some reds available so I can get one of those as well.
In my experience the reds and blues don’t look much different.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish mine was small. It would be able to get around the SPSs. The body alone on mine is about 3 inches. If you have coraline algae: say goodbye to it. It eats it all up

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back