Properly Greasing Red Sea Nano G2 cabinet hinges

nanoreefer23

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2024
Messages
101
Reaction score
27
Location
Piscataway
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why but it seems Red Sea left out how to properly grease the hinges or adjust them for that matter. Does anyone know how to properly grease these?
 
I believe the hinges are plastic coated, try to avoid anything petroleum based (like wd40)

I'd suggest a silicone grease, you could even find food grade if you really wanted to.
 
I believe the hinges are plastic coated, try to avoid anything petroleum based (like wd40)

I'd suggest a silicone grease, you could even find food grade if you really wanted to.
Yeah, it came with a small tube of silicone grease. I’m just not sure how and where on the hinge to apply it. Is it just for lubrication or to protect it from rusting?
 
Yeah, it came with a small tube of silicone grease. I’m just not sure how and where on the hinge to apply it. Is it just for lubrication or to protect it from rusting?
Read your red sea owners manual to see what they have in there.

Usually grease should go on anything that has two surfaces rubbing together. You don't need a lot, just put in a dab and smear it in with your finger. My 2 cents.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new