Pros and cons of adding strontium to my ato water

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im just not sure that thia dosing method is a good thing. Ato water needed is based on evaporation of Dt water. And is really up and down on how much is needed. I want to dosed strontium to my 180. Should i raise my ato water to acceptble strontium levels and dose that way or should i just manully dosed it to the dt and drop the ato dosing.I do test for it by the way and i have seachum powder form strontium.
I will be follow the exspert directions. Is there a way to make. 1 gallon bottle using the powder strontium? That would be great because i could then hook it to my auto doing pump

Expert
After determining the strontium depletion rate, set up a continuous drip system. Use the following formula (or skip the math and use our Dosage Calculator) to determine how much to add to your top-off water: m=vs/30 (m=grams to add to top off water, v=volume of tank in liters, s=amount to raise strontium in mg/L). For example, if you want to raise strontium by 6 mg/L in a 200 L aquarium, then you would add (200x6)/30=40 g into the top-off water. [For reference: 1 gallon = 3.8 liters]. Use the Reef Status™: Strontium test kit to check strontium levels.
20200109_185145.jpg

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think strontium maintenance and dosing is useful, but if you want to dose it frequently then putting it in the ato is ok as long as you keep track of the amount needed and correctly dose that amount.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 71 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.8%
Back