Protecting carpet

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved to a new apartment (renting) which has all carpet. I am setting up a 25 gallon AIO tank. How can I go about protecting my carpet?

I'm thinking about going with a finished piece of plywood that the stand and ATO container can sit on. The plywood would come out about 2 inches on all sides just to catch any water drips during regular maintenance. Would water dripping onto the plywood cause uneveness to the plywood that I should be concerned about?

Any other options would be helpful too.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d go over two inches around it... if you’re anything like me during water changes it looks like when God flooded the Earth... if you’re better at retaining the water than I am it wouldn’t help just to have a bit extra just in case

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt water leaves light patches on the carpet, you will drop water no matter how hard you try, I would just lay a cover over the carpet when working in the tank. When you do ANYTHING in the tank no matter how small. And over a larger area than you think is needed.

Don’t worry too much, worse that can happen is you have to clean the carpet when you leave or pay for the damage, unless we are talking very expensive carpet then not worth stressing over.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back