- Joined
- Dec 21, 2021
- Messages
- 1,010
- Reaction score
- 669
- Location
- New York City
- What state or country do you live in
- New York
Hello fellow reefers,
I have a debate on which skimmer will work best for my system, I have an 85 gallon hexagon shaped tank with a Crystal cube 18 sump. I have been wanting to change my filter socks for a collection cup for a while but now I want to modify it to fit a Fleece roller and because of it I have to get a smaller footprint skimmer in order to fit the fleece roller. I’m currently running a 110INT classic reef octopus (10.6" x 6.75" x 19.75" and have 0 complaints on its performance but would be so much easier if the pump was actually inside the skimmer.
These are the swap options I’m considering:
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/x-120-axium-space-saving-g4-protein-skimmer-eshopps.html
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-octopus-classic-150sss-6-internal-space-saving-skimmer.html
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/essence-s-130-internal-protein-skimmer-reef-octopus.html
I’ve attached a picture on how much wiggle room I have with the current skimmer and it’s sitting on a skimmer stand to perform better skimming on recommended water height.
Does anyone have experience with any of these skimmers I listed?
Also if you have a recommendation on a different small footprint skimmer will definitely appreciate it!
Thanks In advance

I have a debate on which skimmer will work best for my system, I have an 85 gallon hexagon shaped tank with a Crystal cube 18 sump. I have been wanting to change my filter socks for a collection cup for a while but now I want to modify it to fit a Fleece roller and because of it I have to get a smaller footprint skimmer in order to fit the fleece roller. I’m currently running a 110INT classic reef octopus (10.6" x 6.75" x 19.75" and have 0 complaints on its performance but would be so much easier if the pump was actually inside the skimmer.
These are the swap options I’m considering:
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/x-120-axium-space-saving-g4-protein-skimmer-eshopps.html
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-octopus-classic-150sss-6-internal-space-saving-skimmer.html
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/essence-s-130-internal-protein-skimmer-reef-octopus.html
I’ve attached a picture on how much wiggle room I have with the current skimmer and it’s sitting on a skimmer stand to perform better skimming on recommended water height.
Does anyone have experience with any of these skimmers I listed?
Also if you have a recommendation on a different small footprint skimmer will definitely appreciate it!
Thanks In advance

