Protein Skimmer/Co2 Scrubber

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has some small holes that are there from factory, like venting holes so if it over flows. Should I tape them off maybe?
Yes!!! That should do it!

You should see pH spike now. Just clean out your skimmer cup when 1/2 full. You don’t want the skimmate to get into your scrubber. Will ruin media.

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taped em up. Guess we will see what happens.

Attachments

• 20210525_182817.jpg
    20210525_182817.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 33

bg2311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've been using one of these skimmer security optical sensors from Auto Aqua for a year or so. Even after adding the Apex we still use it. If you have an aquarium controller you could also accomplish the same thing with a stand-alone optical sensor. When the skimmer cup fills to cover the sensor, it cuts power to the skimmer off preventing an overflow and beeps to let you know the cup needs emptying. Pretty simple, no buttons. In this case, it would also help prevent the scrubber from sucking liquid in which wouldn't be great.

Just setup a C02 scrubber on our tank skimmer tonight. Went with a slightly different design hosing/flow wise but I'll start a new thread as not to hijack this one. :)

Cjeippert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any loose connections in the CO2 scrubber air recirculation? Every connection should be air tight.
All those push connect fittings have air leaks so I wrapped mine on outside with duct tape ( this what it is for… not trying to do a hillbilly fix) now it is air tight.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back