Protein skimmer creating a lot of micro bubbles

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jbr2389
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jbr2389

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2014
Messages
26
Reaction score
6
Location
Massapequa, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a eshopps PSK 100 protein skimmer that just started shooting micro bubbles out and I can't figure out why. I've had it for about 6 months and it's been running on this newer tank for about a month without any problem. I did a water change yesterday and changed the filter pad and chemipure blue. I turned the system back on and it continuously creates micro bubbles since then. I have it off and have tried everything except taking it out and cleaning it completely. Any thoughts on what I could do? Only thing I dosed was Calc and magnesium which I believe shouldn't have done anything. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
 
did u clean out the body or anything? microbubbles usually means its breaking in again, from my experience
 
No I didn't clean the body out. I was going to if I couldn't figure out any other way to fix it.
 
Unless I accidently hit the float switch during a water change it should be at the recommended height for the skimmer. I'm at work currently I can't check the height right now unfortunately.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new