Protein skimmer float sensor shut off

  • Thread starter Thread starter djf91
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

djf91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2019
Messages
1,328
Reaction score
1,131
Location
St. Louis, Mo
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anyone know how I might make a float switch auto shut off for my skimmer cup. It would be like what’s in the link below but with a float switch. I can’t seem to find one online but there are plenty of sump pump float switches that do the opposite of what I want.

Amazon product ASIN B0BHFJ1Z16
 
Does anyone know how I might make a float switch auto shut off for my skimmer cup. It would be like what’s in the link below but with a float switch. I can’t seem to find one online but there are plenty of sump pump float switches that do the opposite of what

Does anyone know how I might make a float switch auto shut off for my skimmer cup. It would be like what’s in the link below but with a float switch. I can’t seem to find one online but there are plenty of sump pump float switches that do the opposite of what I want.

Amazon product ASIN B0BHFJ1Z16
https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/s...MIqsaF_5_FjgMVmbIDAB1tWjsbEAQYASABEgKmJPD_BwE
Here’s one with an example.
 
Does anyone know how I might make a float switch auto shut off for my skimmer cup. It would be like what’s in the link below but with a float switch. I can’t seem to find one online but there are plenty of sump pump float switches that do the opposite of what I want.

Amazon product ASIN B0BHFJ1Z16
Not sure if it’s too late but I found this on an old thread here they sell one if you don’t have a controller like an apex http://autotopoff.com/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new