Protein skimmer for 29g Oceanic Cube

Moraykeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone here could point me in the right direction for a protein skimmer for the 29 gallon bio cube other then Oceanics brand. Do any of the other brands fit the bio cube?

Coral Whisperer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the Aqua Euro Nano skimmer. Its needle wheel and fits in the back of a BioCube. Its not the greatest skimmer in the world but it is much better than the Oceanic air driven skimmer.

OP
OP
M

Moraykeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the Aqua Euro Nano skimmer. Its needle wheel and fits in the back of a BioCube. Its not the greatest skimmer in the world but it is much better than the Oceanic air driven skimmer.
I'll take a look at that one, thank you. Do you know if it would fit in like the Oceanic or would you need to make adjustments?

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a sapphire aquatics but recently got the tunze 9002 which I hear is a lil monster

OP
OP
M

Moraykeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a sapphire aquatics but recently got the tunze 9002 which I hear is a lil monster
I have a 9002 on one of my nano tanks and 9011 on one of my bigger tanks, both do a great job. I didn't think a 9002 would fit into the chamber with the height of the collection cup though.

liv2mtb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Tunze 9002 with Intank cup that would fit perfectly in middle chamber.

dakotasreef

Prestige Worldwide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquaticlife 115. Fits in the first chamber and under the stock hood. I have been running one since Sunday night. I cant give an in depth review for that reason.

My opinios so far. Small footprint,easy to clean, seems to form nice foam head, not dead silent(air intake noise),able to skim pretty dry.

Right now my biocube 29 has 1 fish(firefish), 3 hermits, 2 snails. The only filtration is the skimmer and a foam block and honestly, it is already exceeded my expectations.

For the size and price, you can't beat it.

dakotasreef

Prestige Worldwide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the tune to be a superior skimmer in this application. Just make sure you have an auto top off or constantly keep your water topped off. I had read that the tunze and others that use the middle chamber can be very sensitive to its level fluctuations.

That is the only reason I didn't go with the tunze.

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the aquatic life got mine a week ago and love it. Plus it wasn't a wallet buster. Works really well quiet, I have mine in the first chamber

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the tune to be a superior skimmer in this application. Just make sure you have an auto top off or constantly keep your water topped off. I had read that the tunze and others that use the middle chamber can be very sensitive to its level fluctuations.

That is the only reason I didn't go with the tunze.

Yup i use a Tunze and that is my only issue. The thing works great but it is very sensitive to water levels.

Also you need an open top or use the square cup made by inTank Aquarium Filtration Upgrades & Supplies

OP
OP
M

Moraykeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup i use a Tunze and that is my only issue. The thing works great but it is very sensitive to water levels.

Also you need an open top or use the square cup made by inTank Aquarium Filtration Upgrades & Supplies

Ok now I see how it will fit. I kept looking at my 9002 and wondered how it could fit in the tank and still put the lid on but now I see the square cup.

lawnman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Save your money and up your water changes. There is no need for a skimmer in a biocube 29. I think the Tunze 9002 is down right junk. All I ever did was adjust that thing until finally I just gave up. For what it pulls out in a week you can make up with a extra gallon on your waterchange.

Back