Protein Skimmer For Red Sea Reefer 250

Ecotech Marine

NanoReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello. I was just wondering which protein skimmer would work best for a medium-stocked red sea reefer 250. I was thinking of the Reef Octopus Classic 110INT or the space saver. Let me know which skimmers you think would be good for a red sea reefer 250. Thanks.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

Sean Landholt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I use the Bubble Magus curve 5 skimmer and it has been great. It has a small foot print and is easy to take apart and clean. It has a tube for emptying the cup that makes it easy to remove the waste.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
@NanoReefs did you decide on a skimmer for your Reefer 250 yet? I bought an expensive skimmer that was oversized for my system, and sold it then bought a R. Octo Essence 130-S. They put a lot of thought into this one. So easy to take apart. Much easier to take apart than the Nyos and a $100 less than the Nyos. A really good skimmer less than $300 is Z-line Bubble Magus. Unique design and very small footprint.

AS

Infern0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello. I was just wondering which protein skimmer would work best for a medium-stocked red sea reefer 250. I was thinking of the Reef Octopus Classic 110INT or the space saver. Let me know which skimmers you think would be good for a red sea reefer 250. Thanks.
Nyos 120 works very well for me.

Do you have a battery backup plan in place?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 114 40.4%
  • NO

Votes: 152 53.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 16 5.7%
Omega Sea, LLC