Protein skimmer Help!

reef2home

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Biocube 29 with the in tank media basket and i chose to add the tunze 9002 skimmer to the tank. it never make foam! i even moded the air intake like most do, thinking this would solve the problem. no luck... the water level is at the line on the skimmer. i have played with the depth and still no luck. the only ting in the cut is a bit of water from spray! its been running for about a month now. any advise would be great. the only thing i can think of is that i do a 10 gal water change twice a month and i have (puregen packet in the media basket with the chemipure elliete). also 40lbs live sand and 25lbs live rock. the thank has been running for 5 months. I upgraded from a 2.5 gal pico tank. which ran for 14 months.

H2O: NO2 -0ppm, NO3 -0-5ppm, NH3 -0ppm, Ca 430, Mg 1410, DKH 9, SG 1.015. LPS dominant with 2 clowns and 2 anemones.

OP
OP
reef2home

reef2home

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i suppose i thought i needed it. even all the large tanks that have great parameters all use skimmers and produce skimate... i guess i might just pull it out...

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back