Protein skimmer help

alexroy89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let me introduce myself my name is Alex I'm not so much of an avid reefer but I came along way very hard headed I got into the hobby on ill prove you wrong thing my dad said I couldn't run a saltwater tank efficiently so I had to prove him wrong but since i been doing it I have feel in love with it I have a 65 gallon tank with dry rock and sand the sand was a total bad idea I wanted it to look like the ocean but it stays brown now smh I have a fluval 307 cannister filter which needs to been thrown away ASAP well I lived and I learned and I'm trying to build my sump out of a 20 gallon long I ordered my eshopp 800 hob and my return pump and I am going to get the baffles cut at the glass shop by my house.

I need help on a protein skimmer my cabinet space only has 17 1/2 inches in height any good budget ideas if I would of known all this I would have just bought a complete set up but it's to late for that and my wife lookin at me crazy everytime a bank notification pops up

Thanks

wcroft987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
I started in a similar route, 55 with a canister filter. Now I have a 45 bow front with sump refugium and a 40 breeder which I plan to run skimmer only. With all that said if you are looking budget I would keep and eye on FB market place or letgo for someone getting rid of a skimmer. I used a HOB skimmer in my sump (10g so limited space) for the longest time.
Good Luck!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back