Protein Skimmer Issues

edfern1115

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2025
Messages
33
Reaction score
16
Location
Rockledge
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Bubble Magus 7 Extreme for my 150 gallon tank. It's in a 30 gallon fiji cube sump sitting in 7.5" of water. When I first bought it, I had it dialed in within a week. No problems at all. A few weeks ago I cleaned it out thoroughly then all of a sudden this thing was bubbling over continuously and it took about another two weeks to finally dial in. I clean the tank toda, did not touch the skimmer and now it is back to boiling over again. I have the valve wide open and it won't stop. I'm sure that it'll settle in and a matter of days maybe weeks, who knows. Any advice know to have it dialed in sooner? I even tried contacting bubble magus two times, and they don't respond.
 
I believe you’re too shallow for that model. BRS says 9-11inches or they push too much water causing overflowing. Never mind you have the Extreme I misread you should be good in 7-8 inches . Give it time to build a good neck film
 
Last edited:

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new