Protein Skimmer Overflowing; Will it Hurt My Fish

DAT_WRASSE

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
33
Reaction score
15
Location
Annville, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I did my water change today, the foamy bubbles of my protein skimmer started to overflow. I tried to adjust it but it's still overflowing. Otherwise will the foamy bubbles harm my inhabitants of my 75 FOWLR?
 
No, you're fine.

What brand of skimmer? Can you decrease the air intake and that should lower the water in the column of the skimmer?
 
Thanks :) I will not be home until tomorrow evening so I'll try to adjust the dials. The skimmer Is some old thing I got when I started the hobby in '07
 
Well if you were running it before the water change fine why would it overflow unless something was introduced to the water column. Just my opinion, some skimmers are very sensitive. My omega 150 skims amazingly but any changes to my water such as food or changing socks will affect it.
 
Well if you were running it before the water change fine why would it overflow unless something was introduced to the water column. Just my opinion, some skimmers are very sensitive. My omega 150 skims amazingly but any changes to my water such as food or changing socks will affect it.
I added more water then usual during the water change. That is probably what threw it off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new