Protein Skimmer suggestion

Magical Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
303
Reaction score
26
Location
Lancaster, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 60 gallon cube and I'm running a Reef Octopus skimmer. I'm upgrading to 150g cube and wondering if anyone has skimmer suggestions. I've been very happy with my Reef Octopus but want to weigh my options before I just buy another one. Thanks in advance!
 
Always good to get a size larger.. on my 180 lightly stocked I went with a Reef octopus NWB-200 which is the 8" one and I love it.
 
I have the NWB series right now as well and I'm happy with it. I'm wondering how much better the "reef octopus extreme in sump skimmer" is?
 
Honestly, stick with reef octopus.

Or you can go with a Bubble Magus. Ebay has them by seaaquatics for $169. The BM 180A, has an atman pump.
Cant beat this deal!
 
Checkout Sca 302 $150 rated to 180 gals and has some of the best reviews of any skimmer out there, This is the skimmer I'm using on my new 70 rimless build I just sold my Reef octopus to get it
 
Seriously, stick with Reef Octopus, probably one the highest regarded skimmers on the market today hands down. I actually run the Super Reef Octopus, SRO-2000 but that isn't needed. Just outstanding performance!
 
Last edited:
Look into Lifereef skimmers.
or at least go to their website and he gives an in detail breakdown of every skimmer style
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new