Protein Skimmer while dosing

  • Thread starter Thread starter seastar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

seastar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2015
Messages
679
Reaction score
758
Location
St Johns, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't purchased my dosing system yet and I am using Redsea Reef Foundation abc to dose Alk,Calc,Mag. I try to do them slowly and at different times so I don't get the snowflake effect, but it still changes the water similar to adding fresh RO/DI. That got me thinking... Should I turn my protein skimmer off for a while while this stuff mixes?

Larger question? Do protein skimmers remove Alk/Calc/Mag? If not, I guess I'd be safe to just keep it running?
 
I don't turn off my skimmer (nor know of a reason I should) when I dose RedSea Foundation's. Other things like energy can cause issues with the skimmer though.
 
I'd keep running, I do. I won't remove but a same portion of chemicals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new