Protein skimmers

  • Thread starter Thread starter LARRY007
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LARRY007

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
48
Reaction score
1
Location
Melrose MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 mix reef I am thing of a new skimmer I have 2 in mined . A aquamaxx em 200 or a reef octopus classic 160 int . The em 200 good for 240 gal. little bit biger foot print good rev. the 160 int I think they just put a different pump on the older 160 do you think I will get a lot of micro bubbles out of the return if I make it longer?? and I want it to be quiet . I do not no who has the better pump . Need help to make up my mined
 
They both have the same L/H air intake, thats not an issue. BRS rates the Octopus at only 110g tank, therefore I'd go with the Aquamaxx EM200. Other than that fact, they are darn near the same skimmer.
 
I was leaning more to the em200 they say it is quiet. Reef octopus makes so many the one you get could be obsolete in a month or 2
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new