protein skimmers

Tim sullivan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2015
Messages
33
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good r2r hobbies I have a question what skimmer is the better one. Vertex or reef octopus? I am working on starting a 40gal breeder. And I'm not sure which skimmer to go with.
 
I personally would recommend a Bubble Magus Nac3.5 because that's what I have had experience with. Almost all skimmers are fairly decent. Some skimmers I would avoid: Hydor in tank and Coral Box (high failure rate).

If you have a measurement for how much room you have for a footprint, that will help others give recommendations.
 
I have a bubble magus curve 5 on my 4 and that thing is dead silent and pulls some good stuff out. That would be my recommendation. Plus their reasonably priced and easy to break down to clean.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new