Providing an update on my 90 gallon aquarium

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I transitioned from a 32 gallon biocube which I have given to my son to a 90 gallon tank. I am providing an update. There have been challenges but I love the reef world and I am hanging in there. Every once in a while something a fish or coral will die regardless of what I do. I am so thankful to the members of R2R for the replies and assistance. R2R has made a great difference in making it this far. I am 2 years into the hobby. Thank you fellow members for helping me every time I holler.

My 90 gallon tank has 2 Prime LED lights and 1 true lumen blue strip
A sump with bioballs -The sump has only one water flow and I can only direct that flow on one filter medium (this bothers me). I feel that I need to upgrade my sump.
I have live rock and live sand
In the tank I have the following:
5 bubble anemone
1 tube anemone
2 carpet anemone
2 rock flower anemone
1 bubble coral, a torch, candy cane coral, hammer coral, brain coral, mushrooms and a few other items.

I have 3 Chromis, I leopard Wrasse, 2 clown fish and a peppermint hogfish
I have crabs, snails and about 3 shrimp
Water parameters are good

I am posting a few progression pictures, however, the ones I took this evening are blue and not that clear. I will take picture in the day light tomorrow.

IMG_4587 (1).JPG

IMG_5408.JPG

IMG_5429.JPG

IMG_5428.JPG

IMG_5427.JPG

IMG_5426.JPG

IMG_5425.JPG

IMG_5423.JPG

dylana407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the successful transfer. Did you have to cycle the 90? I have delayed my upgrade to the 120 for 6 months because of the work involve.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back