OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was such an enjoyable event. The coral as a 5-hour drive ahead of itself. It was given away as free, but I believe they are throwing in some SPS in return. It was supposed to be for gas, but another reefer was heading that way and took it down that way for me. I'll probably offer him the coral if he wants. This is the first experience with my state's hobbyist.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do the same thing. I live really far away from an LFS(2 hours one way), and know no other reefers in my area(again my closest club is a 2 hour drive, and it's mostly dead), so I regularly give coral away to anyone that wants it. It mostly end up in the trash, or the woods on the side of my house, but I do try to give it away.

I recently threw away a giant monti cap that was the size of a dozen dinner plates stacked(its a cap after all). Unfortauntly as we all know "caps" grow like weeds when they are happy, and as such no one really wants any run of the mill monti caps.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was such an enjoyable event. The coral as a 5-hour drive ahead of itself. It was given away as free, but I believe they are throwing in some SPS in return. It was supposed to be for gas, but another reefer was heading that way and took it down that way for me. I'll probably offer him the coral if he wants. This is the first experience with my state's hobbyist.
I donate to my club also. Raises money for the club, share my coral for almost nothing to them. Sometimes I give some of the easier stuff to new members. I tell people "I'm not in for the money, I'm in for the hobby".

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may pull a few more pieces off in the next day just to aide in the look I would like. I did cut out a bit of dead coral from the base.
PXL_20220210_194450441.jpg
PXL_20220210_194441316.MP.jpg

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I believe so. I have two different species of them. 1 of each

Edit: I thought you meant Green/Blue. Those Chromis are so hard to tell.

Chromis viridis

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Edit: I thought you meant Green/Blue. Those Chromis are so hard to tell.

Chromis viridis
The blue reef usually are all blue for sure. I had a real nice one until he got to close to the new mp40, but I love chromis they are cool fish! Good luck with the monti, its a nice looking tank, but change is good too

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The blue reef usually are all blue for sure. I had a real nice one until he got to close to the new mp40, but I love chromis they are cool fish! Good luck with the monti, its a nice looking tank, but change is good too
6 new Millies and Acros show up at my door by tonight. all purples and blues

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back