PSA CHECK HEATERS

  • Thread starter Thread starter dvgyfresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dvgyfresh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
5,446
Reaction score
9,563
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, just reminding everyone to check on their heater. I had a glass aqua top 100W , well I checked it yesterday and the tank was 82 degrees! And it showed no signs of stopping it was extremely hot to touch ,luckily I already had a titanium heater ready to go, else I could have came home to calamari.

So everyone reminder to check on your heaters , and do not use glass!! Use titanium
 
This is something I started doing more towards the end of my tank! Just because of the countless heater failure stories I was hearing.
 
Glass is ok but more importantly everyone needs a controller! Inkbirds are inexpensive for the peace of mind and they will audibly alert you if there's a temp swing.
 
Monitor Always On, I get alarms sent to my phone is there is an issue.


1770222341315.png
 
I just got a BRS titanium heater for a very cold weather snap we had and potential for power loss. I immediately have a preference for it on my Hydros vs the old eheim heaters. The eheim heaters are currently shut down and pending removal.
 
Glass is ok but more importantly everyone needs a controller! Inkbirds are inexpensive for the peace of mind and they will audibly alert you if there's a temp swing.
Yes to a controller to! Just got one with new heater
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new