PSA

marcus aurelius

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
327
Reaction score
183
Location
Boise
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just thought I would share what happened to my tank last week.
Check your UV sterilizers. And check them often.
Of course I was out of town. Luckily my wife was home. Saved the fish and the bottom half of the tank. Happened at 1030 at night. Lost most of my SPS.
IMG_8613.jpeg




IMG_8616.jpeg

IMG_8617.jpeg

IMG_4630.jpeg
 
I have two Pentair 40 Watts, and have read about possible plastic degradation issues. Did your until fall...? Looks like something punched a hole in it...? Any details you can share?
 
Very sorry to see this! I hope you can rebuild.
 
I have two Pentair 40 Watts, and have read about possible plastic degradation issues. Did your until fall...? Looks like something punched a hole in it...? Any details you can share?
No, I had it mounted to the back of stand. The plastic around the hole is soft.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new